— Rep. Jason Ortitay (R-Washington/Allegheny) today announced that 17 fire and emergency medical services companies serving the 46th Legislative District were awarded more than $205,000 in Fire Company and Emergency Medical Service grants.
The grant money comes from state gaming proceeds as required under state law. Funding can be used to build, repair or renovate a fire company or ambulance service’s primary structure; purchase or repair firefighting, ambulance or rescue equipment; participate in training seminars and workshops; or pay down the organization’s debt. To receive a grant award, an organization must first apply.
“Firefighter and ambulance service personnel go above and beyond on a daily basis to keep us safe,” Ortitay said. “These grants are just a small way to help them do their job at the highest level. Many emergency service personnel devote a lot of time to raise funds. The grants help lighten this burden a little.”
Fire and emergency medical services companies that serve the 46th District were awarded the following amounts:
- Bridgeville Volunteer Department – $12,464.70.
- Burgettstown Volunteer Fire Department – $11,911.82.
- Canton Township Volunteer Fire Company and Rescue Squad No. 1 – $12,096.11.
- Cecil Township Volunteer Fire Company – $12,464.70.
- Cecil Township Volunteer Fire Company No. 2 – $12,280.41.
- Cecil Township Volunteer Fire Company No. 3 of Millers Run – $12,096.11.
- Fairview Volunteer Fire Department – $13,017.59.
- Midway Volunteer Fire Department of Washington County – $14,676.26.
- Mount Pleasant Volunteer Fire Company – $13,386.18.
- Oak Ridge Volunteer Firemans Association – $12,280.41.
- Oakdale Hose Company– $12,833.30.
- Rennerdale Volunteer Fire Department – $11,911.82.
- Rennerdale Volunteer Fire Department EMS – $7,037.40.
- Slovan Volunteer Fire Department – $13,386.18.
- South Fayette Volunteer Fire Department – $13,201.89.
- SouthBridge Emergency Medical Service – $7,037.40.
- Sturgeon Volunteer Fire Department – $13,570.48.
The 46th Legislative District includes Collier and South Fayette townships and Bridgeville, Heidelberg, McDonald and Oakdale boroughs in Allegheny County. It also encompasses Canton, Cecil, Mt. Pleasant, Robinson and Smith townships and Burgettstown, McDonald and Midway boroughs in Washington County.
Representative Jason Ortitay
46th Legislative District
Pennsylvania House of Representatives
Media Contact: Tracy Polovick